CS/CS/SB 1526: Public Records/Department of Legal Affairs
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Thrasher
Public Records/Department of Legal Affairs; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for information received by the Department of Legal Affairs pursuant to a notice of a data breach or pursuant to certain investigations; authorizing disclosure under certain circumstances; defining the term “proprietary information”; providing for future review and repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-190, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1524 (Ch. 2014-189)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 210
• Introduced -SJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 450
• Now in Rules -SJ 442
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 510
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 512
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 510
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 570
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 643
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 643
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 831
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 831
• Read 2nd time -HJ 869
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 7087 -HJ 869
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 897
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 897
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-190, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1524 (Ch. 2014-189)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.