The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 318: Public Meetings/University Direct-support Organization
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Stargel
Public Meetings/University Direct-support Organization; Providing an exemption from public meeting requirements for any portion of a meeting of the board of directors of a university direct-support organization, or of the executive committee or other committees of such board, at which any proposal seeking research funding from the organization or a plan or program for either initiating or supporting research is discussed; providing for review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2014-27) -SJ 600
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/08/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 136
• Introduced -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/13/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 247
• Now in Rules -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/21/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Substituted CS/HB 115 -SJ 600
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2014-27) -SJ 600
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.