CS/CS/HB 7037: Residential Communities
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Combee ; McBurney ; Metz ; Passidomo
Residential Communities; Revising the term "community association management"; providing powers and duties of community association managers and community association management firms; requiring a release of lien to be in a specific form; deleting a provision providing for the expiration of certain liens; providing requirements for the execution of a claim of lien, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-146
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 124
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 215
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/04/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 476
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 474
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 502
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 655
• Amendment(s) adopted (346035, 831299) -HJ 656
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 743
• Amendment(s) adopted (897265) -HJ 743
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 15 -HJ 743
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 713
• Received -SJ 713
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 737
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 737
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1466 -SJ 737
• Read 2nd time -SJ 737
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 786
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 786
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 878
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-146
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.