CS/HB 7147: Building Construction Policies
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; Diaz, J.
Building Construction Policies; Requiring the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to include in its annual report recommendations for energy efficiency; authorizing an employer to present certain documents electronically or physically in order to show proof and certify to the permit issuer that it has secured compensation for its employees; authorizing an agency or local government to require rooftop equipment to be installed in compliance with the Florida Building Code if the equipment is being replaced or removed during reroofing and is not in compliance with the Florida Building Code's roof-mounted mechanical units requirements, etc.
• Introduced -HJ 304
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/31/14, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 427
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 427
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/10/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 546
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 545
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 649
• Amendment(s) failed (070707, 969103) -HJ 650
• Amendment(s) adopted (287969, 385125) -HJ 650
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 739
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 739
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Agriculture; Appropriations -SJ 715
• Received -SJ 715
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Agriculture; Appropriations -SJ 827
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 827
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 1044 -SJ 827
• Read 2nd time -SJ 827
• Amendment(s) adopted (547728) -SJ 827
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1025
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1025
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 977
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (547728) -HJ 985
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 985
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 985
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-154
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.