CS/CS/HB 811: Foreign Investments
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Government Operations Subcommittee ; Hager ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz, J. ; Metz
Foreign Investments; Revising the percentage of investments that the State Board of Administration may invest in foreign securities; revising and providing definitions with respect to requirements that the board divest securities in which public moneys are invested in certain companies doing specified types of business in or with Sudan or Iran; requiring a domestic insurer to provide a list of investments that it has in companies on the State Board of Administration's lists of scrutinized companies with activities in Sudan or in Iran's petroleum energy sector, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-134
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 69
• Introduced -HJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/18/14, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -HJ 310
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 306
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 530
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 527
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 682
• Amendment(s) adopted (488239) -HJ 684
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 747
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 748
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 712
• Received -SJ 712
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 826
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 826
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 948 -SJ 826
• Read 2nd time -SJ 826
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1025
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 1025
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 960
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.