CS/SB 172: Local Government Pension Reform
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Bradley ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Local Government Pension Reform; Requiring that firefighter and police officer pension plans meet the requirements of ch. 175 and ch. 185, F.S., respectively, in order to receive certain insurance premium tax revenues; revising the method of creating and maintaining firefighters' and police officers’ retirement trust funds; providing that the use of premium tax revenues may deviate from the requirements of ch. 175 and ch. 185, F.S., under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-39
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/21/15, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 159
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/17/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 158
• Introduced -SJ 43
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 03/26/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 259
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 372
• Read 2nd time -SJ 402
• Amendment(s) adopted (829234) -SJ 403
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 411
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 483
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 483
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 674
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 674
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 341 -HJ 746
• Read 2nd time -HJ 746
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 800
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 4 -HJ 800
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 655
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-39
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.