CS/SB 1016: Care for Retired Law Enforcement Dogs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Negron ; Sobel
Care for Retired Law Enforcement Dogs; Creating the “Care for Retired Law Enforcement Dogs Program Act”; creating the Care for Retired Law Enforcement Dogs Program within the Department of Law Enforcement; requiring the department to contract with a corporation not for profit to administer and manage the program; providing requirements for the disbursement of funds for the veterinary care of eligible retired law enforcement dogs; placing an annual cap on the amount of funds available for the care of an eligible retired law enforcement dog, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/23/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 432
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 669
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 699
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 699
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.