The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 70: Relief/Amie Draiemann O’Brien, Hailey Morgan Stephenson, and Christian Darby Stephenson, II/Department of Transportation
CLAIM/GENERAL by Judiciary ; Flores
Relief/Amie Draiemann O’Brien, Hailey Morgan Stephenson, and Christian Darby Stephenson, II/Department of Transportation; Providing for the relief of Amie Draiemann O’Brien, individually and as personal representative of the Estate of Christian Darby Stephenson, deceased, and for the relief of Hailey Morgan Stephenson and Christian Darby Stephenson II as surviving minor children of the decedent; providing an appropriation to compensate them for the wrongful death of Christian Darby Stephenson, which was due in part to the negligence of the Department of Transportation; providing a limitation on the payment of fees and costs, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,116,940
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 38
• Introduced -SJ 38
• Recommendation: Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 191
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/17/15, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/24/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 259
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 266
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 373
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 373
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.