CS/HB 7057: School Administration
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; K-12 Subcommittee ; Raulerson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Geller ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda
School Administration; Revises provisions relating to a school district strategic plan, internal audits, certain standards for certain personnel & school officers, early warning system for certain students, annual review of certain procedures, compulsory student attendance, professional development, protected school speech, parental access to homework, out-of-field teachers, related records, policies, court hearings, & penalties, high school equivalency diploma, parental notices for exceptional students, bullying & harassment, certain school districts policies, & certain policies for principals, district school boards employees, & suspension of educator certifications.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 184
• Referred to Education Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/12/15, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 249
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 263
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 310
• Amendment(s) adopted (544931) -HJ 312
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 334
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 335
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 325
• Received -SJ 325
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.