CS/HB 7111: Conscience Protection for Actions of Private Child-Placing Agencies
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Health and Human Services Committee ; Brodeur ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Broxson ; Drake ; Porter
Conscience Protection for Actions of Private Child-Placing Agencies; Prohibits specified actions from being taken against private child-placing agency that refuses to place child or be involved in placement of child or facilitate licensure of foster home which would violate agency's written religious or moral convictions or policies; provides that such refusal does not provide basis for claim for injunctive relief or compensatory or punitive damages.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Rules
Location: In committee/council (RC)
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 287
• Referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/02/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 4 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 436
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 447
• Amendment(s) failed (083021, 090567, 294133, 617233, 766405, 921733, 983441) -HJ 447
• Amendment(s) adopted (009553, 046369, 252099, 253157, 264559, 347691, 379433, 396539, 529619, 604563) -HJ 448
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 489
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 75 NAYS 38 -HJ 490
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 454
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Received -SJ 454
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.