CS/SB 2-B: Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State
GENERAL BILL by Reapportionment ; Galvano
Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State; Redistricting the state’s congressional districts in accordance with the United States Decennial Census of 2010 (plan S024C9054); deleting provisions providing for apportionment of districts for the United States House of Representatives which are superseded by the act; providing for the future repeal of provisions relating to the applicability of districts for the United States House of Representatives which are superseded by the act, etc.
Last Action: 8/19/2015 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 31
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Reapportionment (RE)
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 2
• Introduced -SJ 2
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 08/13/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 08/14/15, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 08/17/15, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Reapportionment; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 3
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 3
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 08/19/15
• CS by Reapportionment read 1st time -SJ 3
• Read 2nd time -SJ 31
• Substituted HB 1-B (Died in Senate returning Messages) -SJ 31
• Laid on Table -SJ 31
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.