CS/SJR 2-C: Apportionment
JOINT RESOLUTION by Reapportionment ; Galvano
Apportionment; Apportioning the senatorial districts of the state in accordance with the United States Decennial Census of 2010 (plan S040S9124); providing for the inclusion of omitted areas; specifying that the apportioned districts constitute the senatorial districts of the state; providing for severability of invalid portions, etc.
Location: Failed passage
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Reapportionment (RE)
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 2
• Introduced -SJ 2
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 10/23/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Reapportionment; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 30
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 30
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 10/27/15
• CS by Reapportionment read 1st time -SJ 30
• Read 2nd time -SJ 31
• Amendment(s) failed (142266, 185554, 357766, 689980, 758946) -SJ 31
• Amendment(s) adopted (260012) -SJ 221
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 255
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 257
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 22 NAYS 18 -SJ 257
• In Messages
• Referred to Select Committee on Redistricting -HJ 8
• On Committee agenda-- Select Committee on Redistricting, 11/02/15, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Received -HJ 8
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Select Committee on Redistricting (170157); YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 40
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 40
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 11/03/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 9
• Amendment(s) adopted (328937) -HJ 40
• Read 3rd time -HJ 40
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 73 NAYS 47 -HJ 40
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 40
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -SJ 258, 295
• Conference Committee appointed: Representative Oliva (Co-Chair) -HJ 42
• Conference Committee appointed: Conference Committee on Reapportionment/CS/SJR 2C: Galvano (Co-Chair) -SJ 295
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 296
• Conference Committee Report adopted (351550) -SJ 333
• Failed to pass as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 16 NAYS 23 -SJ 333
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.