HB 97: Public Records and Public Meetings
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grant
Public Records and Public Meetings; Provides exemption from public records & public meetings requirements for unsolicited proposals held by responsible public entity for specified period; requires that recording be made of closed meeting; provides exemption from public records requirements for records generated during closed meeting for specified period; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemptions; provides statement of public necessity; provides for contingent effect.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 126 (Ch. 2016-154), CS/SB 124 (Ch. 2016-153) -HJ 888
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 10/20/15, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 157
• Now in Local Government Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 157
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 11/04/15, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 159
• Introduced -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 395
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 395
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/SB 126 -HJ 888
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 126 (Ch. 2016-154), CS/SB 124 (Ch. 2016-153) -HJ 888
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.