CS/HB 189: Teacher Certification
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Spano
Teacher Certification; Provides alternative requirements for earning professional educator certificate covering certain grades.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-117
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 21
• PCS on Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 163
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 141
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 218
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 469
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 494
• CS passed; YEAS 100 NAYS 11 -HJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 476
• Received -SJ 476
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 888
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 888
• Substituted for CS/SB 432 -SJ 888
• Read 2nd time -SJ 888
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 917
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 917
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1046
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-117
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.