CS/SB 228: Mandatory Minimum Sentences
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bean ; Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Mandatory Minimum Sentences; Deleting aggravated assault from the list of convictions which carry a minimum term of imprisonment if during the commission of the offense the convicted person possessed a firearm or destructive device; deleting aggravated assault from the list of convictions which carry a minimum term of imprisonment if during the commission of the offense the convicted person possessed a semiautomatic firearm and its high-capacity detachable box magazine or a machine gun, etc.
Last Action: 2/25/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-7
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 10/05/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 11/03/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 11/19/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 20
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 110
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/21/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 235
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 266
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 266
• Immediately certified -SJ 266
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 310
• Received -HJ 309
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 135 -HJ 351
• Read 2nd time -HJ 351
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 376
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 376
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 354
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 433
• Approved by Governor -SJ 494
• Chapter No. 2016-7
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.