CS/SB 250: Family Law
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Lee
Family Law; Creating a presumption that approximately equal time-sharing by both parents is in the best interest of the child; prohibiting the modification of a determination of parental responsibility, a parenting plan, or a time-sharing schedule unless certain determinations are made, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 21
• Introduced -SJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 274
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 277
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 275
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 7 NAYS 4
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/18/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 417
• Amendment(s) adopted (447250) -SJ 418
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 418
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 451
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 23 NAYS 15 -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.