CS/SB 342: Renters Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Gibson
Renters Insurance; Requiring a residential rental agreement to specify whether renters insurance is required; specifying provisions that must be included if insurance is or is not required; providing that failure to include a certain notice in a rental agreement does not create a private cause of action or nullify any part of the rental agreement, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules
• Introduced -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 246
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Rules -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 494
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 494
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 537
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 639
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 640
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.