CS/HB 373: Mental Health Counseling Interns
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Burgess ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Avila ; Miller ; Plasencia
Mental Health Counseling Interns; Revises mental health intern registration requirements; revises requirements for supervision of registered interns; deletes specified education & experience requirements; establishes validity period & provides for expiration of intern registrations; requires licensed mental health professional to be on premises when registered intern provides services in clinical social work, marriage & family therapy, & mental health counseling; deletes clinical experience requirement for such registered interns; deletes provision requiring that certain registered interns meet educational requirements for licensure.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-80, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 12 (Ch. 2016-241)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 11/17/15, 10:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 156
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 33
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 257
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 257
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 613
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 586
• Received -SJ 586
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 714
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 714
• Substituted for SB 858 -SJ 714
• Read 2nd time -SJ 714
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 738
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 738
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 891
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-80, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 12 (Ch. 2016-241)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.