CS/HB 479: Special Districts
GENERAL BILL by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Van Zant
Special Districts; Revising legislative intent with respect to the Uniform Special District Accountability Act to include dependent special districts; specifying the Legislature's authority to create dependent special districts by special act; providing for the identification of a dependent special district as dependent and an independent special district as independent in its charter; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to exclude inactive special districts from the official list of special districts; specifying that certain dependent special districts may be reviewed by specified local general purpose governments, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-22
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 11/18/15, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 162
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 166
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 166
• Introduced -HJ 42
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 148
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/26/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 278
• Amendment(s) adopted (732589) -HJ 279
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 297
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 298
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 320
• Received -SJ 320
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 418
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 418
• Substituted for SB 956 -SJ 418
• Read 2nd time -SJ 418
• Amendment(s) adopted (791158) -SJ 419
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 444
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 444
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (791158) -HJ 608
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 608
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 608
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 640
• Approved by Governor -HJ 928
• Chapter No. 2016-22
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.