CS/SB 624: Public Records/State Agency Information Technology Security Programs
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hays
Public Records/State Agency Information Technology Security Programs; Creating exemptions from public records requirements for certain records held by a state agency which identify detection, investigation, or response practices for suspected or confirmed information technology security incidents and for certain portions of risk assessments, evaluations, external audits, and other reports of a state agency’s information technology program; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/25/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-114, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 (Ch. 2016-138)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/14/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 45
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 119
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 221
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/21/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 268
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 689
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Received -HJ 689
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1037 -HJ 818
• Read 2nd time -HJ 818
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 856
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 857
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 773
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1437
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-114, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 (Ch. 2016-138)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.