CS/CS/SB 718: Identification Cards
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Transportation ; Sobel
Identification Cards; Requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to issue an identification card exhibiting a special designation for a person who has a developmental disability under certain circumstances; requiring payment of an additional fee and proof of diagnosis by a licensed physician; requiring the fee to be deposited into the Agency for Persons with Disabilities Operations and Maintenance Trust Fund; requiring the department to develop rules to facilitate the issuance, requirements, and oversight of developmental disability identification cards, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 936 (Ch. 2016-175)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 01/13/16, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 53
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 119
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 502
• Read 2nd time -SJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 636
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 636
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 936 (Ch. 2016-175)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.