CS/HB 747: Digital Assets
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Fant ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield ; Passidomo
Digital Assets; Designates act as "Florida Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act; authorizes user to use online tool to allow custodian to disclose digital assets to designated recipient or to prohibit custodian from disclosing digital assets; provides that specified user's direction overrides in terms-of-service agreement; authorizes modification of fiduciary's or designated recipient's access to digital assets; provides procedures for disclosure of digital assets; requires custodian to disclose content of electronic communications & other digital assets of deceased user; requires custodian to disclose content of electronic communications & other digital assets of principal; requires custodian to disclose to trustee who is original user digital assets & content of electronic communications held in trust; authorizes court to grant guardian right to access ward's digital assets; requires custodian to disclose to guardian electronic communications & specified digital assets of ward; imposes fiduciary duties; provides for rights & responsibilities of certain fiduciaries; requires compliance of custodian; provides for immunity for certain persons acting in good faith.
Last Action: 2/23/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 494 (Ch. 2016-46) -HJ 549
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 65
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/19/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 242
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/28/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 334
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 329
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 362
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 494 -HJ 549
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 494 (Ch. 2016-46) -HJ 549
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.