HB 815: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Harrison ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Courts; Revises provisions concerning books, records, & other materials of Supreme Court & DCAs; revises provisions concerning filing of decisions of Supreme Court & DCAs & their judges; transfers headquarters of 2d Appellate District; removes requirement that clerk of DCA keep records at headquarters office; requires such clerk to have office at headquarters.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Location: In committee/council (JDC)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 70
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 217
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/19/16, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 243
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 243
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.