CS/CS/HB 1289: Elevators
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Steube
Elevators; Designates provisions as "Maxwell Erik 'Max' Grablin Act"; provides clearance requirements for elevators installed in private residences; requires certain doors & gates to withstand specified amount of force; requires that certain doors reject sphere of a specified size under certain circumstances; requires all such elevators to be equipped with certain device; directs Florida Building Commission to adopt provisions into Florida Building Code.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 1602 (Ch. 2016-211) -HJ 875
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 108
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 334
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 331
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/22/16, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/25/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 604
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 603
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 639
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 1602 -HJ 875
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 1602 (Ch. 2016-211) -HJ 875
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.