SB 1356: Employment After Retirement of School District Personnel
GENERAL BILL by Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stargel
Employment After Retirement of School District Personnel; Revising provisions relating to reemployment of retirees as instructional personnel on a contract basis; providing legislative intent and findings to clarify authorization to award contracts; providing requirements for a judgment in certain civil actions or administrative proceedings, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 245
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 245
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/24/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 497
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/16, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.