CS/CS/SB 1378: Drug Safety
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Health Policy ; Garcia
Drug Safety; Citing this act as “Victoria’s Law”; requiring pharmacies to offer for sale prescription lock boxes; authorizing the Department of Health to develop and distribute a pamphlet containing certain information, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1604 (Ch. 2016-212)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 186
• Introduced -SJ 186
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/01/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 299
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/24/16, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 498
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 498
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 508
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 699
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 699
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1604 (Ch. 2016-212)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.