CS/SB 1426: Membership Associations
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Membership Associations; Requiring membership associations to file an annual report with the Legislature; prohibiting a membership association from using public funds for certain litigation; requiring the Auditor General to conduct certain audits annually, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237) -SJ 835
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations -SJ 189
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 -SJ 246
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 255
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 303
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 434
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 835
• Substituted CS/HB 1155 (Died on Calendar in Senate) -SJ 835
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237) -SJ 835
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.