CS/CS/HB 145: Financial Transactions
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; McGhee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Financial Transactions; Exempting a private school from the prohibition against charging certain convenience fees to a student or family paying tuition, fees, or other student account charges by credit card under certain circumstances; prohibiting a licensee from making payments to a person as compensation, inducement, or reward for referring loan applications to the licensee under certain circumstances; providing that chapter 670, F.S., governs certain funds transfers that are remittance transfers; reducing the time limit for a mortgagee or an assignee to cancel a mortgage, except in cases where the loan is an open-end mortgage, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-53
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/04/15, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 139
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 241
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 236
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 249
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/26/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 279
• Amendment(s) adopted (742513) -HJ 280
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 300
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 300
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 319
• Received -SJ 319
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 491
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 491
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/CS/SB 260 -SJ 491
• Read 2nd time -SJ 491
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 547
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 547
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 687
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 726
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1048
• Chapter No. 2016-53
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.