CS/SB 1638: Postsecondary Education for Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Lee
Postsecondary Education for Veterans; Specifying individuals who are eligible for college credit for college-level military training and education; expanding the list of examinations for which the department is required to establish college credit equivalencies; providing that specified programs and test scores meet certain educator certification requirements, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1157 (Ch. 2016-142) -SJ 824
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 204
• Introduced -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 01/25/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 245
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 245
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 511
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 824
• Substituted CS/HB 1157 -SJ 824
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1157 (Ch. 2016-142) -SJ 824
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.