The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 184: Military and Veterans Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Sachs ; Gaetz
Military and Veterans Affairs; Requiring a landlord, a condominium association, a cooperative association, or a homeowners’ association to complete the processing of a rental application submitted by a servicemember within a specified timeframe; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to report monthly to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs the names and mailing or e-mail addresses of veterans who request information; directing the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to provide a method by which honorably discharged veterans may apply for construction, electrical or alarm system contracting licensure, etc.
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Ethics and Elections; Appropriations -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 10/06/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Ethics and Elections -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 10/21/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 11/19/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 128
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/13/16
• Introduced -SJ 16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 109
• Read 2nd time -SJ 173
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 213
• CS passed; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 213
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 824
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 824
• Read 2nd time -HJ 889
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 429 -HJ 889
• Amendment(s) adopted (349137, 908953, 980175) -HJ 889
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 924
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 924
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 3 amendment(s) (349137, 908953, 980175) -SJ 1023, 1025
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1025
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1025
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-242
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.