CS/HB 23: Powers of Attorney
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Raburn
Powers of Attorney; Provides that certain not-for-profit corporations may act as agent on behalf of principal under power of attorney; provides qualifications; provides that person acting on behalf of corporation in its role as agent under power of attorney has fiduciary responsibility to principal.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 10
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 10/20/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 9
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 136
• Died in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.