CS/HB 31: High School Athletics
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Artiles ; Combee ; Diaz, M. ; Grant ; Hill ; O'Toole ; Porter ; Raulerson ; Santiago ; Stevenson ; Van Zant
High School Athletics; Providing that a private school may join the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) as a full-time member or on a per-sport basis; authorizing a public school to apply for consideration to join another athletic association; prohibiting the FHSAA from taking any retributory or discriminatory action against specified schools; providing a process for resolving student eligibility disputes, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 12/01/15, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 163
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 163
• Introduced -HJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 231
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 225
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 240
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 805
• Amendment(s) adopted (568049, 955221)
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 854
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 854
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 767
• Received -SJ 767
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.