CS/SB 7008: Housing Discrimination
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Housing Discrimination; Removing housing discrimination as a cause of action for certain relief and damages stemming from violations of the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992; authorizing, rather than requiring, a civil action to commence within 2 years after an alleged discriminatory housing practice; authorizing an aggrieved person to commence a civil action regardless of whether a specified complaint has been filed and regardless of the status of any such complaint, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 10/06/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/17/15, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 01/13/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 104
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 184
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 184
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 305
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 317
• Read 2nd time -SJ 342
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 400
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 400
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.