SB 7016: Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children; Providing for payment of annual dues for the compact; repealing s. 2 of chapter 2013-20, Laws of Florida; abrogating the future repeal of provisions relating to the compact; providing for contingent retroactive operation, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-34
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Submitted for consideration by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 10/06/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Fiscal Policy -SJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 11/18/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 105
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 288
• Amendment(s) adopted (560106) -SJ 289
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 289
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 362
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 362
• Immediately certified -SJ 362
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 456
• Received -HJ 456
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Substituted for HB 1171 -HJ 466
• Read 2nd time -HJ 466
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 489
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 489
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 481
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 593
• Approved by Governor -SJ 914
• Chapter No. 2016-34
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.