HB 7023: Ad Valorem Tax Exemption for Deployed Servicemembers
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Trumbull ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Drake ; Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Santiago
Ad Valorem Tax Exemption for Deployed Servicemembers; Expands military operations that qualify certain servicemembers who receive a homestead exemption & were deployed during previous calendar year to receive additional ad valorem tax exemption on that homestead property; provides procedures for grant of exemption.
Last Action: 3/9/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-26
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 131
• Introduced -HJ 131
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 220
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 220
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 422
• Amendment(s) adopted (889577) -HJ 423
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 444
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 444
• Immediately certified -HJ 447
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Fiscal Policy -SJ 408
• Received -SJ 408
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Fiscal Policy -SJ 398
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 398
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 160 -SJ 398
• Read 2nd time -SJ 398
• Read 3rd time -SJ 398
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 398
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 498
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 640
• Approved by Governor -HJ 928
• Chapter No. 2016-26
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.