CS/HB 7065: Workforce Development
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee ; Drake ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles
Workforce Development; Authorizes county or state official to be granted leave of absence from his or her office to serve in National Guard of any state; revises provisions related to federal Workforce Investment Act of 1998; provides for implementation of federal Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act; provides & revises plan requirements & duties & powers of CareerSource Florida, Inc.; provides membership requirements for board of directors of CareerSource Florida, Inc.; requires CareerSource Florida, Inc., in collaboration with specified boards, agencies, & providers, to establish certain uniform performance accountability measures; revises local workforce development board membership requirements; requires local workforce development boards & specified officials to prepare regional workforce development plan; requires that local workforce development board enter into memorandum of understanding with each mandatory or optional partner for certain purposes; provides that costs will be allocated pursuant to policy established by Governor under certain conditions; revises systems that may be accessed with one-stop delivery system; requires DOE to consult with DEO in preparing, or contracting with entity to prepare, certain economic security reports.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7040 (Ch. 2016-216) -HJ 868
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 210
• Referred to Appropriations Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/27/16, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 453
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 451
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 458
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/SB 7040 -HJ 868
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7040 (Ch. 2016-216) -HJ 868
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.