CS/CS/HB 739: Secondhand Dealers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Passidomo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Van Zant
Secondhand Dealers; Requiring that the record of a secondhand dealer transaction include digital photographs of the items; requiring secondhand dealers to notify a law enforcement official under certain circumstances; revising the required holding period for certain goods acquired by a dealer; authorizing an action in replevin against a secondhand dealer based on a right of possession to stolen goods; revising the period of time a secondhand dealer must hold secondhand goods at a registered location, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 64
• Introduced -HJ 64
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• Original reference(s) removed: Business and Professions Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 261
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 261
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 513
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 673
• Amendment(s) adopted (427051) -HJ 674
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 707
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 708
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy; Rules -SJ 649
• Received -SJ 649
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy; Rules -SJ 633
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 633
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 948 -SJ 633
• Read 2nd time -SJ 633
• Read 3rd time -SJ 633
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 633
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 723
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 726
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1048
• Chapter No. 2016-59
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.