HB 833: Public School Recess
GENERAL BILL by Plasencia ; Cortes, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Ahern ; Antone ; Artiles ; Avila ; Berman ; Bracy ; Burgess ; Campbell ; Combee ; Cortes, J. ; Costello ; Cruz ; Cummings ; DuBose ; Dudley ; Edwards ; Eisnaugle ; Fant ; Fresen ; Geller ; Gonzalez ; Harrison ; Jacobs ; Jones, M. ; Jones, S. ; Kerner ; La Rosa ; Latvala ; Lee ; Magar ; Mayfield ; Miller ; Moskowitz ; Murphy ; Narain ; O'Toole ; Pafford ; Pilon ; Plakon ; Porter ; Pritchett ; Raschein ; Raulerson ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Renner ; Richardson ; Rodriguez, J. ; Rogers ; Rooney ; Slosberg ; Sprowls ; Stark ; Steube ; Sullivan ; Torres ; Van Zant ; Williams
Public School Recess; Requires district school board to provide students in certain grades with certain amount of free-play recess per day; provides that free-play recess may not be withheld for specified reasons.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 72
• Introduced -HJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 289
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 289
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 385
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/09/16, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 435
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 435
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 472
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 496
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 2 -HJ 496
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 477
• Received -SJ 477
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.