CS/HB 837: Education Programs for Individuals with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Bileca ; Cortes, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Drake ; Gaetz ; Mayfield ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rooney
Education Programs for Individuals with Disabilities; Exempting a foster child from specified eligibility provisions; providing that a student enrolled in a transition-to-work program is eligible for a John M. McKay Scholarship; creating a transition-to-work program for specific students enrolled in the John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program; exempting a John M. McKay Scholarship award from a specified funding calculation, etc.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-137, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62), CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 01/12/16, 1:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 72
• Favorable by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 167
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 167
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/16, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 323
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 400
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 405
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 403
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 468
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 490
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 478
• Received -SJ 478
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 787
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 787
• Substituted for CS/SB 1088 -SJ 787
• Read 2nd time -SJ 787
• Amendment(s) adopted (495394) -SJ 787
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 846
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 846
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 955
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (495394) -HJ 958
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 958
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 958
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-137, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62), CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.