CS/CS/HB 951: Health Plan Regulatory Administration
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Cummings
Health Plan Regulatory Administration; Authorizes local governmental units to contract with certain corporations to provide group insurance for officers & employees; deletes provisions relating to exclusion of individuals with preexisting conditions from insurance coverage; revises exemptions from requirements of certain health insurance policies; redefines creditable coverage.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1170 (Ch. 2016-194) -HJ 885
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 82
• Introduced -HJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 404
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 434
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/17/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 518
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 804
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1170 -HJ 885
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1170 (Ch. 2016-194) -HJ 885
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.