SB 12: Relief of O'Brien and Stephenson by Department of Transportation
CLAIM/GENERAL by Steube
Relief of O'Brien and Stephenson by Department of Transportation; Providing for the relief of Amie Draiemann O’Brien, individually and as personal representative of the Estate of Christian Darby Stephenson, deceased, and for the relief of Hailey Morgan Stephenson and Christian Darby Stephenson II, as surviving minor children of the decedent; providing an appropriation to compensate them for the wrongful death of Christian Darby Stephenson, which was due in part to the negligence of the Department of Transportation, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,116,940.00
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 6519 (Ch. 2017-60) -SJ 911
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 39
• Introduced -SJ 39
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 412
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/19/17, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 442
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 750
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/17
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 911
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 6519 -SJ 911
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 6519 (Ch. 2017-60) -SJ 911
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.