CS/CS/SB 18: Relief of "Survivor" and the Estate of "Victim" by the Department of Children and Families
CLAIM/GENERAL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Flores
Relief of "Survivor" and the Estate of "Victim" by the Department of Children and Families; Providing for the relief of “Survivor” and the Estate of “Victim”; providing appropriations to compensate Survivor and the Estate of Victim for injuries and damages sustained as a result of the negligence of the Department of Children and Families, formerly known as the Department of Children and Family Services, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $3,750,000.00
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 40
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 147
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/21/17, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 03/21/17, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/05/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 331
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/13/17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 332
• Read 2nd time -SJ 397
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 419
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 419
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 774
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Received -HJ 774
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 6523 -HJ 840
• Read 2nd time -HJ 840
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 880
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 2 -HJ 881
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 499
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-20
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.