CS/SB 164: Certificates of Title for Motor Vehicles
Certificates of Title for Motor Vehicles; Prohibiting the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and tax collector from charging any fee or service charge, except for the expedited title fee, if applicable, for a certificate of title issued for a motor vehicle solely to remove a deceased coowner from a title registered in the name of two persons if the other coowner is the surviving spouse, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2017 House - CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0
Location: Final Passage
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/07/17, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 03/08/17, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 48
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 139
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 168
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 168
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/16/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 233
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 253
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 274
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 274
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 793
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Received -HJ 793
• Substituted for CS/HB 97 -HJ 940
• Read 2nd time -HJ 940
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.