The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HJR 291: Exempting Law Enforcement Officers from Handgun Purchase Waiting Period
JOINT RESOLUTION by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Hahnfeldt ; Asencio ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgess ; Drake ; Fant ; Fine ; Fischer ; McClain ; Payne
Exempting Law Enforcement Officers from Handgun Purchase Waiting Period; Proposes amendments to s. 8 of Art. I & s. 5 of Art. VIII of State Constitution to exempt certain law enforcement officers from 3-day waiting period for handgun purchases under state law & criminal history records check & 3 to 5-day waiting period for firearm purchases under county ordinance.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 51
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 51
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 334
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 312
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/30/17, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 520
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 826
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 865
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 905
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 956
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1029
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1080
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 1081
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.