CS/HB 757: Voluntary Prekindergarten Education
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Donalds ; Fischer
Voluntary Prekindergarten Education; Revises duties of Just Read, Florida! Office; revises provisions relating to VPK program, requirement for statewide kindergarten screening, & certain provisions relating to school district K-12 comprehensive reading plans. APPROPRIATION: $10,000,000.00
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 430
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 417
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 458
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.