The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 833: Student Eligibility for K-12 Virtual Instruction
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer ; Leek ; Ponder
Student Eligibility for K-12 Virtual Instruction; Revising eligibility requirements for specified students to receive part-time instruction at the Florida Virtual School; revising student eligibility and participation requirements for virtual instruction programs; authorizing all students, including home education and private school students, to participate in specified virtual instruction options; revising the options that a district school board or charter school governing board may offer for a student to satisfy certain online course requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 93
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 93
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 315
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 315
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 493
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 484
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 597
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 597
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 844
• Amendment(s) adopted (372079, 534469) -HJ 845
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 887, 888
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 888
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 488
• Received -SJ 488
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations -SJ 825
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 825
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1468 -SJ 825
• Read 2nd time -SJ 825
• Amendment(s) adopted (223934, 480300) -SJ 825
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.