CS/CS/SB 1118: Transportation
Transportation; Requiring the Department of Transportation to consist of a central office and districts, subject to certain requirements; requiring certain enactments to specify the types of municipalities authorized to levy a discretionary sales surtax; requiring the Department of Transportation, in consultation with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, to develop the Florida Smart City Challenge grant program; requiring an autonomous vehicle used by a transportation network company to be covered by automobile insurance, subject to certain requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 865 -SJ 912
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 121
• Introduced -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/28/17, 3:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 266
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 750
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 750
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 751
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 911
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 865 -SJ 912
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 865 -SJ 912
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.