CS/SB 1224: Public Records and Public Meetings/Campus Emergency Response for Public Postsecondary Institutions
Public Records and Public Meetings/Campus Emergency Response for Public Postsecondary Institutions; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for a public postsecondary educational institution’s campus emergency response plan when held by specified custodial agencies; providing an exemption from public meetings requirements for any portion of a public meeting at which certain components of a campus emergency response plan are discussed; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 1079 -SJ 469
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 129
• Introduced -SJ 129
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/22/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Education -SJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 267
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 291
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/17/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 424
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/17 -SJ 477
• Read 2nd time -SJ 469
• Substituted CS/HB 1079 -SJ 469
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 1079 -SJ 469
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.