HB 1239: School Bus Safety
GENERAL BILL by Eagle ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Cortes, B. ; Cortes, J. ; Edwards-Walpole ; Fitzenhagen ; Mercado ; Miller, A. ; Rodrigues ; Santiago
School Bus Safety; Provides for mandatory noncriminal penalties, fine, driver license suspension, & driver license points for certain violations resulting in serious bodily injury to/death of another person.
• Introduced -HJ 130
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 424
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 491
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 602
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 602
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 913
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 958
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 958
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 572
• Received -SJ 572
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 545
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 545
• Substituted for SB 1622 -SJ 545
• Read 2nd time -SJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 594
• Passed; YEAS 28 NAYS 6 -SJ 594
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1022
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-189
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.