SB 1290: Career and Technical Education
GENERAL BILL by Hutson
Career and Technical Education; Specifying goals for a CAPE pathway; requiring each school district, in consultation with local businesses and Florida College System institutions, to develop at least one CAPE pathway in a specified area by a specified school year; authorizing parents to enroll their children in any school’s CAPE pathway in the school district under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 183
• Introduced -SJ 183
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 256
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.